Product Manager - Data Analytics at Takeoff Technologies
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:06 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 7, 2020
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 250 person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
We are looking for a Product Manager to provide both people and program leadership in our Data Analytics domain. The Product Manager is responsible for defining and executing the product strategy and roadmap for the data platforms supporting analytics, customer-facing Business Intelligence, Simulation and Machine Learning/Deep Learning. Through close cooperation with other product leaders and stakeholders across the organization, the Product Manager should exhibit full ownership of the assigned data assets, their capabilities and future direction.
At Takeoff, we empower Product Managers in this type of role to understand business requirements, translate them into functional and non-functional user stories, and quantify the value/impact of new features for prioritization. Then, working with the necessary departments, implement the latest technology all while monitoring progress to meet the client needs.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Take a customer-first approach to owning the roadmap and ensuring successful product launches across web and mobile
- Define product strategy and feature roadmap for the development, evolution, and transformation of our data foundations supporting BI, client reporting and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning projects
- Prioritize features and development efforts based on thorough understanding of customer and business needs, company strategy and portfolio initiatives
- Interact with all data from different sources in the company and seek innovative opportunities to monetize our data assets
- Oversee and provides guidance for solutions to complex technical problems by challenging traditional technical assumptions.
- Establish close collaboration with the Data Engineers, Business Analysts responsible for the development and support of the assigned data assets
- Identify any gaps in functionality or user experience proactively
- Monitor the landscape for new ideas and features.
Some of the experience you may bring to the table:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience involving direct responsibility for data platforms for analytics, exhibiting full ownership of the product lifecycle from idea to support cases
- Ability to shape and execute strategy for technical products through a roadmap and tight collaboration with engineering
- Demonstrated experience with Analytics implementations and/or data and reporting projects
- Understanding of analytic data architecture and data modeling concepts and principles, including data lakes, warehouses and marts, dimensional modeling, star schemas, real time and batch ETL/ELT
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with cloud-based analytic databases such as Snowflake and BigQuery
- Familiarity with real time eventing and messaging platforms such as Kafka and Google Pub/Sub is preferred
- Prior experience with SDLC and Agile working methodologies/environment is preferred
- Prior experience working with Data Scientists to put Machine Learning models into production is preferred
Some of the reasons you'll love working at Takeoff:
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take intiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun
- We are committed to building a higly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Some of the ways we are addressing Covid-19:
While Covid-19 has posed it’s fair share of challenges, we have tackled these head on, while continuing to ensure that the health and safety of our employees and clients remain top priorities. We certainly believe that building a successful company starts with the people, and while the chance to meet and collaborate face to face in an office setting is vital to our growth and company culture, the health and safety of the Takeoff team is the most important right now. To that end, we are embracing a “work remote first” company policy, however the expectation is that you are based in the Greater Boston / MA area to ensure time zones are aligned with the rest of the Takeoff team based on the east coast.
Whether it be a Cultural Brunch & Learn, a Rocketberry Mini-Series showcasing some of our teams dynamic and hidden talents, or a weekly “coffee chat” to catch up with your fellow colleagues, we are finding creative ways to stay connected and engaged with each other during these challenging times.
Lastly along with our robust and competitive benefits package that we offer(above), we are excited to roll out two new benefits; a “remote work allowance” as well as a “remote office setup reimbursement”. These benefits will be effective immediately upon hire date geared towards ensuring that our employees are continuously set up for success while working remotely!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.
Read Full Job Description