Product Manager, Core Product Monetization
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Do you want to contribute to maintaining a free and open internet? Do you believe digital advertising is annoying and has significant room for improvement? Are you an out-of-the box thinker who knows, in your bones, that you can make digital advertising better for consumers and advertisers? Are you able to see the world for what it should be rather than what it is currently? Then drop your preconceived notions about advertising and join us!
The TripAdvisor core product team is seeking a data-driven, enthusiastic professional to reinvent our monetization business by developing the next generation of advertising and measurement products.
What you’ll do:
- Become an end-to-end owner of advertising and sponsorship products that generate meaningful revenue for the TripAdvisor business
- Write detailed product specifications, establish milestones, prioritize feature and manage the development, testing, implementation and launches of new products against goals
- Work with stakeholders across sales, engineering, operations, marketing, brand, external clients, and many others to build best-in-class products
- Perform competitive research and become an industry expert
- Use data to drive decisions and insights on a daily basis
- Be part of a team committed to challenging the status quo
What we seek:
- Fluency with data and an analytical mindset
- Outside-the-box thinking, an intense curiosity about the “why” and the wherewithal to challenge conventional wisdom
- Strategic thinking
- Software development, business analytics, UX/design or product management experience preferably with a media related product. 5+ years of internet product experience is preferred
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- People person who can work well with different personalities; a team player
- Self-starter who doesn’t wait for direction from others
- Able to handle a “speed wins”, fast-paced, ever-changing product development cycle
- Fluency with the advertising business and advertising technology a big plus
- Technical knowledge and data analytics experience a plus
- BS/BA required; MBA/MS a plus.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional environment
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. **