At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
The Hopper Air Supply team is responsible for securing the best fares and other products from airlines so Hopper can expose them to our users. We are seeking a rockstar product manager to produce development for all of Hopper’s airline supply acquisition tools.
The PM will work closely with commercial, engineering, data science, and partner closely with Hopper’s tech partners such as GDSs. On any given day - whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying solutions, or shepherding features through development - your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
The PM must be a scrappy, creative, hands-on “doer” who can find innovative ways to build up our Air supply, make data driven decisions to make strategic choices.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with several technology partners via whom we source airfares, airline ancillaries, and other related items
- Create business cases to prioritize connectivity based projects and articulate trade offs to stakeholders
- Partner with Hopper data scientists to gain a deep understanding of Hopper’s supply competitiveness and the impact of product initiatives to our bottom line
- Ideate and evaluate features that further differentiate Hopper to both our airline partners and users
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assess market competition by identifying relevant points of comparison and fairly assessing Hopper’s products vs others
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term revenue forecasts and product performance reports
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- At least 3 years working in a product management role with an online consumer brand
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Highly proficient analytical abilities to draw accurate conclusions from data and adjust strategy accordingly
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products
- Strong ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- A track record of evaluating product initiatives via both qualitative logic and quantitative assessment
- Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
- Spanish fluency, a plus
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)