• Past success as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist; analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly.
• Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems to technical and non technical audiences.
• A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling, data driven narrative both in-person and in-writing
• Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
• Track record of using a data-driven approach to product development, using MVP and A/B test techniques to iterate new ideas quickly
• An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
• Experience leveraging your product intuition to connect innovative solutions to real-world, user problems with actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization.
• Experience with relational databases, Python and SQL a plus.
• No ego. Strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Degree in a data science or engineering discipline and work experience as a product manager for a technology company.
• Thrived in a consumer product role and delivered delightful features at scale.
• Experience with mobile product development, a plus.
About the job
The Air Intel team is responsible for delivering on Hopper’s core value proposition of ensuring our customers always score the best price. We drive this value for customers by developing and scaling data driven products which close the gap between current prices and the prices our customers want to pay. Customers are the core
We’re seeking a product manager with strong data skills and technical expertise to drive the development of new and existing pricing products. This PM will work closely with our team of world class data scientists and engineers to scope, test, iterate on and scale technologies and product offerings. We’re seeking a scrappy, creative, technically-minded, hands-on “doer” who is equally comfortable talking APIs and architecture with engineers, or discussing business models and UI iteration with the team.
On any given day - whether you’re defining KPIs, weighing the cost-benefit of new product features, scoping and specifying solutions, shepherding features through development and QA, or evaluating new technologies- your decisions will be critical to the success of Hopper’s pricing intelligence.
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Create business cases to prioritize product development and infrastructure projects, using a deep understanding of technical issues and business impact to articulate tradeoffs to stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with data science and engineering to dive deep into our data to understand our users
- Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features
- Identify the essential qualities of each feature or technology: what's important, what's not, how can we optimize impact while limiting cost and risk?
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.