Product Design Manager - Web
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about great design. We’re especially proud of the number of times the adjective ‘easy’ appears in our TrustPilot reviews. (In case you’re wondering – nearly 2X as often as any other adjective – and the next most common adjective is ‘great’). We believe that it is both our UX and UI that get us this reputation. We also believe our all important conversion rates are strongly affected by UX and UI. Building great products that our customers and caterers love to use is a top priority – come join our team and help us keep those great reviews coming!
When teammates describe you, here’s what they say…
- Your design solutions move the needle and making sure your work has an impact really matters to you.
- You’re eager to learn and will tackle whatever project comes your way, especially those that give you a chance to stretch and improve your skills.
- You’ve got some go-to approaches in your toolbox for how you solve design problems and you’re willing to try out new ones depending on the project and the needs of the team you’re working with.
- You’re a quick study. You work fast and generate lots of ideas for how to solve a wide variety of design challenges.
- You love opportunities to engage directly with the audience you’re designing for. Concept testing and feedback are key parts of your process.
- You run design workshops for cross-functional teams to help clarify goals, define the problem you’re solving, and brainstorm solutions with team members
- You refine your thinking as you design, by sharing work early and often, and by collaborating closely with other designers, PMs, domain experts and engineers.
- You don’t just think about individual screens, you think about each step in your user's journey, and your designs and specs reflect that attention to detail.
- Where you’ve got skills and expertise to share, you look for opportunities to teach others and help teammates level up.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- Have 5+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Have experience designing for responsive web apps and/or mobile apps.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision or other design and prototyping tools.
- Can express your thinking at varying levels of fidelity -- from hand sketches to rough prototypes to high fidelity mockups.
- Are a strong enough visual designer to effectively and quickly pull together polished mockups and iterate on your visual designs based on feedback.
- Can speak to the problems you’ve solved and how your design solutions lead to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how you’ve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Know enough about front-end development to engage thoughtfully with the engineers you work with.
- Are comfortable pivoting quickly if business needs change.
- Have deep empathy for users and a passion for improving their experience.
- Have a sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone.
Bonus points for...
- Experience designing iOS or Android apps.
- Experience designing for B2C and B2B audiences.
- Having worked in the restaurant industry.
What you’ll get from us
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.