Product Design Manager - Mobile
We’re building Boston’s next great tech company - come be a part of it! ezCater was founded by two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs in 2007. Today, we have the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States, a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management - we're on a path to $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - especially if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about great design. We’re especially proud of the number of times the adjective ‘easy’ appears in our TrustPilot reviews. (In case you’re wondering – nearly 2X as often as any other adjective – and the next most common adjective is ‘great’). We believe that the design of our product plays a huge role in that. Building great web and mobile apps that our customers and caterers love to use is a top priority – come join our team and help us keep those great reviews coming!
When teammates describe you, here’s what they say…
- Your design solutions and the solutions developed by the designers you manage move the needle. It’s clear that having a measurable impact on the business really matters to you.
- You care deeply about building a quality product and you’ll go the extra mile to make sure you’re not just moving business metrics but also improving the experience overall.
- Working with you is a pleasure. Your colleagues in design, research, engineering and PM appreciate your collaborative approach, expertise and the user-centric perspective you bring to your work.
- Your knowledge of iOS UI and UX patterns is broad and deep. When teammates and colleagues have a question about how to create a great native app experience, they seek you out.
- You know when to follow Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and when to look beyond them for other solutions.
- You’re good at prioritizing and helping the people you manage do the same.
- You’re a skilled communicator and presenter who’s comfortable working with stakeholders and getting a diverse audience excited about your solutions.
- You’re an effective manager and coach. Your people feel challenged, supported and encouraged to continuously improve.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- Have 8+ years of product design experience with a focus on developing iOS apps that solve thorny problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Want to strike a balance between staying hands on developing design solutions while growing your leadership and coaching skills by managing and mentoring more junior designers.
- Have experience managing designers and want to do more of it.
- Can speak to the problems you’ve solved and how your design solutions -- or those developed by designers you’ve managed -- have lead to an impact on the business metrics and user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Can express your thinking at varying levels of fidelity -- from hand sketches to rough prototypes to well crafted high fidelity mockups.
- Are skilled at breaking work down into smaller chunks so progress can be made quickly, learnings happen early and often, and work can be effectively distributed across a team.
- Have experience working within an agile, iterative, data-driven product development process.
- Have soft skills that are as well developed as your design skills.
- Are comfortable pivoting quickly if business needs change.
- Have deep empathy for users and a passion for improving their experience.
- Have experience designing iOS apps.
- Are proficient in the latest design and prototyping tools, including Sketch and InVision.
- Have a sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone.
Bonus points for...
- Experience designing Android apps.
- Experience designing for the web and/or creating responsive web apps.
- Experience designing for B2C and B2B audiences.
- Having worked in the restaurant industry.
What you’ll get from us
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.