SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
If you have a drive for results, intrigued by data and are not shy to challenge the status quo -- we want you!
As the Product Data & Operations Analyst at SmartBear, you will work with Product Managers, Product Owners, Engineering Leads and Business Analysts across the business to define and drive key product success measures. You will be an instrumental team member who influences the decisions that we make with data.
You will be the lead story teller for the product team providing meaningful stories that translate into recommendations based on evidence. You are comfortable with all aspects of the analytical process - collecting data from occasionally messy sources, analyzing that data, and presenting findings.
In this role you will
- Understand our customer, products and system data models and leverage that to identify analyze and communicate areas of opportunity for our products to improve
- Enable data driven decision making through advanced analytics techniques that isolate value drivers of products and services and emphasizes priority
- Partner with product managers and business stakeholders to develop a learning agenda, prioritizing which business questions we will enable data driven decision making for
- Build product data dashboards for all levels of the company to monitor key metrics and track progress
- Drive product data analytics tooling strategy and implementation and improvements to data documentation
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or project manager in a fast-paced software or technical environment.
- 3+ years with leveraging Agile, Jira, Google Sheets, Excel, Mixpanel, Pendo, Salesforce to drive product analytics and analytics program of work
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences or equivalent experience
- A genuine love of data, data visualization and you are happy spending hours at a time diving deep into analytical challenges
- Strong communication skills, particularly the ability to present and explain complex concepts and insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Aha! Product management tool is a plus
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.