Our mission at Toast is to empower the restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. Toast is a powerful and easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants grow their business and delight their guests in new and innovative ways.
Toast has a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about helping our customers grow their business and providing a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best products to our users.
As a Product Analyst you will work hand-in-hand with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on product enhancements, defects, and usability in order to inform and inspire how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
This Toaster will be supporting the Core POS product, including in-store order workflows and kitchen products. You will be supporting initiatives that impact the entire Toast customer base and will be a key player in ensuring the functionality is rolled out smoothly, both internally and externally.
- Learn the Toast platform and become a product expert
- Write technical user stories, collaborate and communicate feature requests to Engineering teams in a fast paced, agile environment
- Support the Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead with agile development processes, such as grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Collaborate with UX team to define new user interfaces and product flows
- Work with the Documentation, Training, and Enablement teams to accurately communicate product updates to internal teams and customers
- Communicate with customers and internal stakeholders directly regarding product feedback, feature requests, and gathering customer requirements
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to provide a detailed view of how products are performing
- 3+ years as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Associate Product Manager in a fast-paced software or technical environment
- Experience translating customer needs/feature requests into detailed technical specifications
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships with many different types of people and personalities
- Proven time management and organization skills. Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Business, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry