Medicaid Population Health Strategy Advisor at Humana Studio_h
Humana Medicaid is seeking exceptional candidates to join our Business Development team in order to support the strategic direction and growth of the Medicaid and Duals lines of business. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to influence the mission of a leading healthcare company committed to improving the health of the communities it serves.
Medicaid Business Development’s purpose is to lead the organization in advancement of Humana’s Medicaid and LTSS products. This work includes collaboration with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to pursue growth opportunities and guide transformative initiatives. We deliver value to executive leadership through detailed research, data-driven insights, structured problem solving, and project management rigor. To achieve our goals we are committed to creating a diverse, collaborative work environment that empowers associates to rethink routine and pioneer simplicity.
The Medicaid Population Health Strategy Advisor will lead initiatives to advance Humana’s Medicaid Product Strategy in pursuit of growth opportunities. This role will consult with Medicaid leadership, clinical subject matter experts across the enterprise and the industry to design effective, innovative products that evolve Humana’s Medicaid programs. This position will translate Humana’s strategy into responsive narrative that support competitive Medicaid proposals. Candidates will possess Medicaid integrated care delivery expertise and have experience in designing solutions for key Medicaid programs and subpopulations.
Areas of focus include:
- Population Health Analytics and Technologies
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Member Assessment and Stratification
- Person Centered Care Coordination
- Chronic Condition Case Management
- Quality Improvement Initiatives
- SDOH and Health Equity Initiatives
- Strategic Community Based Partnerships
- Value Based Payment Models
Key responsibilities :
- Gather key information on market and regulatory landscape in prospective new markets to inform product build.
- Engage in stakeholder and provider/association level relationship development meetings in current and prospective new markets.
- Translate state administrative code language and procurement requirements to understand state’s ultimate vision.
- Develop population health and clinical delivery models to exceed regulatory requirements and successfully position Humana’s Medicaid/LTSS/Dual products in the marketplace.
- Draft accurate, concise and complete proposal responses in accordance with tight deadlines.
- Oversee project plans, project schedules, resource assignment matrixes, etc. at the outset of each bid.
- Drive timely completion of internal/external deliverables by cross functional project team.
- Track project status and report on progress to leadership.
- Help develop materials for internal and external presentations and communications regarding Humana’s business goals, market strategy, policy, positioning, and outcomes in the Medicaid and Dual Eligible marketplace.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a strong record of academic achievement
- 5+ years’ experience in a Medicaid or Medicare Managed Care Organization
- 5+ years’ experience in business development, strategy consulting, clinical strategy
- Excellent verbal communication (i.e. effective listening and speaking skills)
- Excellent written communication (i.e. ability to convey complex concepts with clarity)
- Strong problem solving ability (i.e. adept at research and generating creative solutions)
- Ability to operate in a faced paced environment under tight deadlines
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Flexible scheduling (i.e. occasional nights and weekends)
- MBA with a specialization in Healthcare
- Master’s Degree in Public Health programs
- Technical writing experience
- Project Management and Process Improvement qualifications
Role will include travel (10-20% of time)
Scheduled Weekly Hours