Head of Hardware Product
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As the Head of Hardware Product, you will be creating an awesome restaurant experience through a new generation of hardware that drives the restaurant industry into the future. In an ever-changing technology landscape, the way people order, pay for, and get their food is evolving. Whether through kiosks, mobile order ahead, NFC payments, delivery networks, IoT sensors, cloud kitchens, drones, robotics, etc, much of what is changing in the restaurant world relies on hardware. You’ll be a critical part of the product leadership team, working directly with the founders and executive leadership to define Toast product direction and drive execution. We are looking for a passionate and proven leader to grow, mentor and drive the Toast hardware product program.
As the Head of Hardware Product, you will:
- Manage full lifecycle of hardware product and process, including execution of new product introduction, support and managing incremental changes to existing lines through the end of life.
- Manage full hardware product P&L, from revenue and pricing, to operations and vendor costs
- Articulate business case for hardware projects that will make an impact for our customers and measure/quantify success
- Mentor and grow your team
- Sourcing of and management of vendors and supply chain
- Own the hardware strategy and thought leadership
- Evaluate build/buy/partner decisions
- Maintain cross functional leadership and communication with teams across the company (e.g. warehouse operations, customer success teams, R&D teams as well as sales and marketing teams)
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in hardware product and industrial design
- Strong analytical and business modeling skills
- Strong customer focus and customer research experience
- Creative mindset and ability to drive beautiful industrial design
- A track record of success (and enjoyment) in people leadership; building and leading high performing user-centered design teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
- Experience working as a hardware leader within an enterprise software company is preferred