Group Product Manager of Membership and Loyalty, Core Experiences at TripAdvisor
Group Product Manager of Membership and Loyalty, Core Experiences
We are looking for an experienced Group Product Manager (GPM) to drive the product growth and success of Membership & Loyalty within the Core Experience team at TripAdvisor. This person will have the opportunity to bring to market TripAdvisor’s first-ever customer loyalty program.
The journey of travel is more than just the trip itself. It is the experience of researching, planning, discovering and booking everything it takes to have a great trip. At the heart of that journey is a relationship with the customer that allows us to participate as a trusted resource throughout every aspect of the trip. Cultivating that relationship goes hand-in-hand with developing a world class membership and loyalty program.
The GPM of Membership & Loyalty will join a team that is focused on making members central to the TripAdvisor strategy. We will deepen our understanding of our members and their travel needs. We will broaden our view of what it means to create value for our global member base and how that ties back into the daily decisions made at TripAdvisor. We will build useful features and benefits that help people travel better. We have the goal of redefining member communications and establishing our ability to continually engage members as something that sets us apart from every other travel brand. We will drive direct, habitual behavior through benefits designed to increase the loyalty of our most valuable customers and convert new customers into repeat ones.
In this role, you will lead the product discussions around how to engage and cultivate the relationship we have with our members, with a particular emphasis on developing a loyalty program, in addition to directing a team of product managers that think about everything from how to deliver benefits to our members to advancing the foundation of our member platform (registration, data models, etc…).
You should have the experience and the desire to:
- Develop and bring-to-market TripAdvisor’s first-ever customer loyalty program.
- Drive personalization strategy and execution as it relates to member engagement and loyalty.
- Continually iterate on the loyalty program by developing a deep understanding of the customer’s needs and where we have unique, value-oriented ways to deliver on those needs.
- Partner both internally and externally to develop new program benefits and incentives.
- In partnership with our global teams, expand the worldwide footprint of our loyalty program, looking for ways to cater to market specific opportunities.
- Develop a strong view point on the value of TripAdvisor membership and how to increase it through customer-centric product decisions.
- Advocate for members to be part of every decision made at TripAdvisor.
- Partner with our CRM team to ensure consistency between the member’s on-site and off-site experiences.
- Lead large-scale new product initiatives from cover to cover. This means seeking out unmet user needs, determining how pervasive they are, evaluating technical feasibility and forecasting the possible benefits.
- Create roadmaps and backlogs that support multiple threads of work and execute against them.
- Ruthlessly prioritizing what to focus on and when. There are endless ways we can improve our product. As the GPM of Membership & Loyalty, we will rely on you to size and prioritize the opportunities, to maximize our ROI in the short and long term, and strike the right balance between short term wins and longer term investments.
- Support and lead product development. As a both a contributor and leader, ensure that we’re clearly communicating the problem we’re trying to solve and how we’re measuring our success to key members of the team: PMs, developers, designers and other supporting roles.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. With dozens of global stakeholders (including engineering, design and senior leadership) and millions of members standing to be impacted by your decisions, you should be able to resolve conflict, communicate transparently and pursue feedback quickly and effectively, as well as removing roadblocks faced by your team.
- Be critical and never settle. We move quickly and are always looking at the performance of our product to determine what’s “in” or “out” of a feature or release. You should, with grim satisfaction, look forward to communicating what we shouldn’t build.
- Question the status quo. There’s an abundance of ways we can work smarter, better and faster as we evolve as a product organization and we’re looking at you to identify them.
- Be an influential leader who not only delivers great products, but also enables the teams’ skills and aspirations to scale with the business.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 6+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with experience in membership or loyalty program development. 2+ years of management experience within a product team.
- Has a BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- Knows their way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it.
- Can demonstrate successful execution of a customer-centric product strategy.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- Ensures that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations.
- Exercises good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.