Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast has a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about helping our customers grow their business and providing a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best products to our users.
We are looking for a passionate and proven leader to grow, mentor, and inspire a team of product managers, engineers and designers.
Reporting to the VP of Product, this role is a critical part of the product leadership team and will be instrumental in defining & delivering the next generation of Toast’s platform features.
You will spearhead initiatives with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support. You will interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to determine next generation of product investment and Go To Market Strategy for restaurants and their guests
- Deeply analyze our restaurant segmentation funnel and voice of customer feedback to identify trends and define future product strategy & roadmap
- Create & present business cases and business models for new product investments, and measure/quantify success of product launches
- Work with Product Leadership and product teams to define and integrate best practices and processes, improve the product operating system, and enhance product manager productivity
- Manage and/or mentor a team of product managers focused on growing our Core Software business
- Meet regularly with customers and prospects to present product vision & roadmap
- Recruit, nurture and retain best-in-class talent
- Work directly with internal teams to iterate on product requirements & design feedback
- Lead by example. At times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, and wireframes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- Track record of success (and enjoyment) in building and leading high performing teams
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring product managers & analysts
- Deep understanding of agile product methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of B2B and B2C dynamics
- Experience building B2B apps at scale
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required