Director of Product Management at EverQuote
This role will own EverQuote Product for our Home Vertical, and as part of the leadership team within that vertical, you will envision, design, deliver, plan and drive tech innovations to enable critical business operations. Specifically, you will partner with the GM of Home & Renters and with other functions such as Distribution, Traffic Acquisition, Legal, & Finance, to translate the business requirements into world class technical specifications. You will work closely with multiple development teams to design, architect and deliver solutions. You will have end to end ownership - all the way from defining the strategy to measuring metrics to monitoring day to day progress of these programs. You will provide direct visibility to senior leadership on all aspects of your programs on a regular cadence.
You must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be analytical and possess excellent problem-solving skills. Your oral and written communication skills will be top notch and you will excel in stakeholder relationship management. You will be passionate about your work, see the strategic big-picture yet be detail-oriented and be organized. You will have proven leadership skills in a very fast-paced highly demanding environment. You will have a strong software development background with experience in software development cycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs. Fluency in SQL and Excel for self-service data analysis purposes is a must. You will be calm and composed in times of crisis and be able to respond to escalations with data and causal analysis.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused software product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
- Evaluate product development scope by understanding the consumer’s needs
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver software products to market
- Drive product launches including working with business development team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- 5+ years of professional experience of consumer facing software product management experience
- You have a BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- Broad technical breadth including familiarity with web front end, web services and back-end application infrastructure
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver software projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- You ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Excellent communication to effectively and efficiently articulate both strategic vision and specific technical details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.