This role provides the opportunity to drive a high-velocity, growing API business, built around established products plus useful products that you will bring to market. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented team of Product Managers and Product Owners.
SmartBear seeks an experienced Director of Product Management with a demonstrated ability to steer business objectives toward success. Successful candidates tend to be strategic, entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on, research-savvy and analytically-driven.
In this role, you will
- Apply consistent product management methods and processes across product lines
- Coordinate cross-product integration, and maintain a broader vision for the product line
- Educate and train your team on Agile development process and optimized product management
- Think logically, critically and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings and propose solutions to meet the needs of your team
- Liaise with leadership from sales, demand generation, sales engineering, product marketing, development, and customer support as an advocate for your product lines
- Amplify the market presence of the SmartBear product lines through market-dominating thought leadership
- Direct and define the project management roles to encourage financial and strategic responsibilities among Product Managers, and tactical and communication skills among Product Owners
- Implement organization change management plans and techniques
This role requires
- Product management expertise
- Change management experience
- Ability to manage a P&L
- Ability to mentor and coach a team
- Ability to manage against project plans and deadlines
- SAFe expertise
You might also have
- Experience building channel sales models
- HVLT sales model expertise
- Domain expertise in software or API development
- Prior knowledge of SmartBear or competitive tools
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
· Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
· Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
· Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
· Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
· Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
· Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
· Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
· Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
· Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.