Director of Product Management - edX for Business
EdX is searching for an experienced product management leader to define, refine and implement product strategy for the edX Business team. The Business team comprises two distinct product lines: (1) edX for Business, a new product line delivering digital learning to enterprises which need to train and retain high-performing employees in a rapidly-changing global economy, and (2) edX White Label, which supports some of the world’s foremost academic institutions with their own digital learning sites running on the edX platform.
As the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for overall product strategy, execution, and success of the edX Business team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product, you will ensure that the business product offerings are aligned with overall edX product strategy. You will also lead and grow the Business product team, and act as a coach and mentor to product managers across the company.
In addition to leading the team, you will also play a hands-on role as product owner for the new edX Business product line. You will understand deeply, and champion, the unique needs of edX for Business and White Label customers. You will monitor and analyze market conditions, assess the competitive and technology landscape, and gather input from stakeholders to evaluate, size and prioritize opportunities to inform the product roadmap. You will manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap is well-understood and effectively executed.
- Drive overall product strategy for the edX for Business team and deliver a product that meets or exceeds organizational and customer goals
- Influence the overall edX product strategy to ensure Business customers are well-served, and identify opportunities to leverage the Business product to enhance the overall edX experience
- Define and deliver against the roadmap the Business team’s products, in partnership with UX, Partner Management, Marketing, and engineering.
- Drive prioritization of the right initiatives, identifying and solving the most important customer problems first.
- Measure progress toward goals and achieve target outcomes.
- Interact directly with partner leadership and course teams, edX Sales and Business Development, other product managers, and key stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and incorporate these into the roadmap.
- Define the engineering backlog, technical requirements, product requirements that will achieve the desired outcomes.
- Define MVP, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Work with engineering teams to define the execution plans for the user stories.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager at a software company, preferably overseeing complex, new to market products.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, and other artifacts related to Agile.
- Experience leading product teams that partner effectively with engineering, UX and a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be data driven and iterative - has audacious hypothesis, yet invests in testing and learning along the way.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, especially in web technologies.
- Experience with education technology and/or enterprise product a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences including C-level executives
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.