Director, Product Excellence
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As the Director of Product Excellence, you will leverage your product leadership experience, data-driven decision making, and proven coaching skills to develop our product organization into a high-performing, outcome-driven business unit. In this new role, you will build a framework to train, grow, and develop both new and existing members of the team, including senior leadership. Your impact will be felt across the organization and our customer base.
About this roll*:
- Define and implement best product management practices that can work for various team sizes and stages of maturity
- Identify and implement product use metrics to increase visibility and drive product priorities
- Develop reporting to analyze and improve team performance and velocity
- Maintain consistent formats for delivering product roadmaps, product status reports and quarterly product reviews
- Create and roll out training curriculum for product operations and product management development
- Design and implement communication programs to keep the organization up-to-date on product deliverables
- Report on resource allocation across the portfolio to help drive investment decisions
- Develop and maintain an annual product calendar with scheduled cadence of product strategy and roadmap presentations, and quarterly reviews.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Have worked in an agile organization as a product owner and product manager for a minimum of 7 years in a fast-paced environment
- Have demonstrated success in scaling agile to multiple teams at a large company
- Be able to drive cultural change across the product and engineering organization
- Have developed systems for tracking and reporting on team progress
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for learning new technology, able to identify market trends
*Bread puns encouraged but not required