Data Science Product Manager -Consumer Analytics (Lead Data Scientist)
The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Lead Data Scientist works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Data Science Product Manager/Lead Data Scientist has a strong intuitive grasp of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (AI /ML) as well as core product skills (strategy, roadmaps, prioritization, etc.). AIIMs help identify and prioritize the highest value applications for machine learning and do what it takes to make them successful. The AIIM, plans and executes the necessary AI/ML-driven process changes and initiatives necessary to deliver a complete solution to a stated business problem.
Owns key initiatives & deliverables especially in Data Science application development & deployment in cloud-based environments.
- Act as an “external facing” business translator whose combined expertise in technology and AI enable the development of custom solutions
- Partner with project and product managers to assemble a cross-functional team of data experts, data scientists, and technology experts to design and deliver a solution to meet a business need
- Partner with project and product managers to monitor the business impacts of AIM deliverables, implementing changes as/when appropriate, to continuously improve reliability and efficiency
- Performs as Analytics community’s ambassador to business stakeholders
- Help internal customers think through and clearly articulate business problems/needs and architects data science solutions
- AI/ML Expertise
- Know when it is feasible to build an AI/ML product, AIIM has strong ability to assess the tradeoff between level of effort vs. business value of building a particular AI solution and advises stakeholders accordingly
- 3+ years expert knowledge of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning strategy development, business plan implementation and ongoing scale/evolution management
- Master degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science) and 6+ years technical experience
- Ability to leverage technology (e.g. SQL) to extract and manipulate data
- Working knowledge and experience in statistical analysis packages SAS, Python, R
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and diverse, cross-functional teams/organizations to develop appropriate requirements, scope and delivery timeframes, driving on-time execution
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to deliver high-quality work in a structured, disciplined and time-conscious manner
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in both strategic and tactical environments, accommodating for global-level needs
- Experience analyzing, designing and implementing large scale business and performance management solutions
- Experience with Consumer Analytics
This role is based in Boston, MA