Customer Segment Product Manager at Humana Studio_h
Identifying and delivering new avenues of growth is a critical company priority, championed by the SVP of Retail Strategy & Product. We’re an entrepreneurial, hard-charging team set on transforming the US healthcare system and making real improvements in member health outcomes. We’re strategic and analytical (it’s all about the data) but with a bias towards action in the real world. We hold each other and our partners accountable for achieving what we set out to do, and we celebrate wins along the way.
If you want to learn a lot, be challenged, and also operate in a collaborative environment, Humana’s Retail Strategy & Product team could be a great fit.
The Retail Customer Segment Product Manager leads the design, development, launch and measurement of new initiatives that solve critical member, clinical and business needs within Humana’s Medicare Advantage business segment. He/she will identify member problems and potential solutions; conduct market research; generate product requirements; define pilot success measures; and lead cross-functional teams to build, launch and sell new solutions. This is a high profile role, working on some of the company’s most important strategic growth priorities. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate examples of core product management skills including strategic thinking, outcomes orientation, cross-functional project management, team leadership, and collaboration in a matrixed environment.
- Define customer/member problems through primary and secondary research, and outline product vision and value proposition
- Drive business case development to support new initiatives required for sales growth, optimal health outcomes and enhanced member experience
- Assess competing products and outline required differentiating features
- Develop process flows and customer journeys; identify new data needs and flows
- Specify data needs, clinical/business measurement approach, and product dashboard with target success measures
- Define and launch Minimum Viable Product pilots; leverage lean product design principles to maximize learnings and impact
- Create project plans and lead cross-functional teams (with representation from Clinical, Network, Sales, Customer Service, Digital, Legal, Finance, Marketing as required) to create new capabilities and workflows
- Define go-to-market strategy; partner with Marketing to execute against plan
- Deliver against adoption targets by working with regional sales to develop and manage sales pipeline
- Conduct analyses to assess product performance and recommend new enhancements; maintain product roadmap
- Bachelor degree
- 5-8 years work experience, with track record of bringing new products/services to market, ideally in the healthcare space.
- Knowledge of Product Development, Product Management, Analytics, Critical Thinking, Team Leadership, Customer Needs Definition, Business Modeling, Project Management
- Up to 25% travel.
- MBA or other relevant Master’s level degree
- Management consulting background
- Experience with Medicare Advantage business
This position will be located at Humana Tower, Louisville, KY or Humana’s brand new studio h facility in Boston’s Seaport District.