Associate Product Manager, Pre-Purchase & Ecommerce Experience at Embark Veterinary
Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our product team to help lead the build and delivery of a 5-star web experience that efficiently converts prospects and delights existing consumers.
The principal objectives of this role are to…
Serve as product owner for Embark’s pre-purchase site & drive efficient conversions via testing planning & execution
- Plan and manage sprints and execution for web designers and developers in tandem with the overall marketing plan & product roadmap, ensuring the highest impact and efficiency in the team’s velocity & forward progress
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly split tests to consistently improve upon conversion rate on our D2C website and our retailers
- Deliver data-driven results in consistent, concise reports on conversion performance to internal stakeholders
- Liaise with the Web designers and developers to improve the website experience ongoing based on rigorous, structured testing
- Provide support to the marketing team to launch new products and support promotions
Product Experience Support
- Apply critical thinking and data-driven analytical skills with a relentless customer-first mindset to contribute to products and a web experience that our customers love and rate highly
- Work closely with key internal partners, including engineering, design, marketing, and operations, to influence prioritization and ensure that product development is focused, impactful, and iterative.
- Provide product marketing support that leads to the achievement of business goals for organic and referral sales growth
- Work closely with the product development team to make sure new product features and benefits are commercially optimized and communicated
- Identify and drive user research to better understand the needs and priorities of our customers, both breeder and pet owner
This person will report to the Director of Product Management.
- Entrepreneurial and driven
- 2-4 years of experience in product, or digital and e-commerce channels
- A strong plus for previous roles focused on Consumer Products, with a track record of success
- An agent for positive change who can instill in employees the highest standards of performance through frequent communication, performance measurement, and inspiring collaboration across the organization
- Strategic planning, communication & presentation skills
- Google Analytics proficiency a must; other analytics tools a plus, including SQL
- Shopify, Google Tag Manager, and WordPress experience a plus
- Basic HTML/CSS experience
- Other development experience a plus
- Possessing creativity, a passion to excel, and a strong desire to win
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.