Associate Director of Product Management, Core POS
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you’ll tackle meaningful projects that will help shape the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product, you will be a critical part of the product leadership team by spearheading initiatives with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support to build and shape innovative products. You will also interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
We are looking for a passionate and proven leader to grow, mentor, and inspire a team of product managers, engineers and designers. Someone who can motivate members of the team to make the tough restaurant jobs seamless and elegant for tens of thousands of servers, managers, and chefs and to empower them to create delightful guest experiences.
As the Associate Director of Product, you will:
- Manage & mentor a team of product managers and product analysts focused on growing our SMB business
- Work with Product Leadership and product teams to define and integrate best practices and processes related to core POS products including new product tooling for feature development, customer interaction & voice of customer
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to determine next generation of product investment for our SMB customers
- Develop product roadmaps & Go To Market Strategy for product launches
- Create & present business cases for product improvements, and measure/quantify success
- Recruit, nurture and retain best-in-class talent
- Lead by example, at times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, and wireframes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- Track record of success (and enjoyment) in building and leading high performing teams
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring product managers & analysts
- Deep understanding of product methodologies and best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Business, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus