Agency Product Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The LevelUp/Grubhub team is looking for a highly technical Product Manager to work alongside our designers, developers, and technical brand managers on creating and launching successful mobile and web apps leveraging LevelUp/Grubhub’s services. As a product manager for the Agency team, your primary focus will be ensuring that work queued up for development is well-defined and in line with both the goals of individual projects as well as LevelUp/Grubhub’s overarching business objectives. In many cases, you’ll be working directly with our restaurant clients to develop a vision for their app, evaluate feature enhancements, define product requirements, and shepherd features and/or apps through to launch and beyond. At the same time, you’ll be charged with gathering qualitative feedback and other data from all clients into a cohesive product strategy for the LevelUp/Grubhub Agency business.
You Should Have
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’ll need to work with every team at LevelUp/Grubhub, from engineering to finance to support, and you’ll spend a lot of time on the phone with clients having deep discussions about product ideas and opportunities. Your ability to make a case and back it up is matched only by your ability to be flawlessly diplomatic while doing so.
- You’re great at managing complexity. App launches have a lot of moving parts, especially for clients in the restaurant business. While most of the operations, finance, and marketing components are handled by the client’s technical brand manager, you’ll be responsible for keeping any development work on track.
- You’re comfortable when things get technical. You don’t need to have a CS degree or an engineering background, but it helps. You’ll be asked to use Postman to test API calls, write SQL to answer your own data questions, and understand the rough complexity of product enhancements without engineering input.
- You learn quickly. The LevelUp/Grubhub platform does a lot, and you’ll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the product in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you with future projects.
- You appreciate great design. Your strong eye for detail complements your obsession for making sure everything is pixel-perfect. You have a strong vision for how things should look and work, and can clearly articulate that vision to your design counterparts. You’re also willing and able to adjust that vision on the fly when presented feedback or data.
- You’re a great copywriter. You expertly balance brevity and persuasiveness in writing calls to action and other copy for a product. You never use 7 words where 5 will do, and you spend those 5 words carefully, never settling for copy that is “good enough”.
- You have a get-it-done attitude. You recognize no bounds to the scope of your role and will do anything you can do to help get a product shipped.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.