Product Manager- Supply Chain Systems
If you're passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Process Innovation department and lead our Supply Chain Intelligence product team.
You must be able to transform data into insights and strategy to improve the operational software that enables Wayfair to achieve its business goals. You will lead a small team of associate product managers to oversee the execution of the technology roadmap for the Supply Chain Intelligence platform, ensuring that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate project-related tradeoffs across brands and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
Your team will be managing the end-to-end project management life-cycle for technically complex strategies, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, and post-launch support. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, you will also help craft the long-term vision for platform technology products and help scale important customer-facing programs driven by these products.
The Supply Chain Intelligence team is responsible for reducing internal costs and enhancing the customer experience through the development of tools and algorithms that optimize replenishment and fulfillment decisions in the Wayfair network. The team works with business partners across replenishment, warehouse management, transportation, operations and finance to define areas of impact. It then works to peel back these impact areas to understand more specific opportunities to optimize warehouse fulfillment strategies, order allocation, carrier services and selections, and outbound carton selection. This includes working with Operations Research and Data Science teams to prototype and implement predictive algorithms, working with Strategic Finance analyze post deploy progress, and most importantly partnering with our engineering team to scope, code and deploy these products we are responsible for.
What you will do:
Define and measure business impact of product enhancements in your zone, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Develop and maintain technology platform road map and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of business analysts
- Work with your team to translate the vision of operational departments into robust, intuitive products
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Supplier Selection - Develop and continually improve the algorithm that allows Wayfair to select the supplier warehouse a customer’s order will fulfill from in milliseconds before the checkout process, optimizing for customer experience and Wayfair’s total fulfillment costs. This includes translating the business requirements for a global e-commerce company into actionable decisions. Other key components:
- Own program metrics to identify future roadmap opportunities
- Determine opportunity costs of alternative fulfillment decisions
- Carrier and Route Selection - Support transportation and carrier relation team initiatives to balance carrier route volume and offer additional value add services to customers, while decreasing customer order to delivery timelines and transportation costs. To lead these initiatives, the product manager will need to:
- Interpret freight, small parcel, middle mile, and last mile logistics requirements
- Map product (SKU) needs to carrier capabilities
- Cartonization - Improve our system capabilities to predict the right carton for an order to increase units per carton and decrease unused shipping volume. This also includes defining similar logic to optimize pallet and container fullness.
- Visibility & Monitoring – Work with business stakeholders to define metrics for determining success in the fulfillment space. This includes high level financial metrics, process metrics, system health metrics and other supporting data to drive decision making and tracking of programs. Create visibility into both these metrics and business operations through the formation of dashboards, user interfaces, automated alerts that are highly flexible and user friendly to allow for drilling into many levels of granularity.
- 5+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and ‘get it done’ attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Subject matter familiarity of replenishment and procurement processes a plus, but not required
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.