Product Design Lead (UX/UI)
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Design Manager with a diverse portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results: the design of engaging experiences that created positive outcomes for both the customer and the business. Your demonstrated skillset must span all areas of design: analysis of user needs, the architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences.
As a member of Wayfair Design, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our experience to the next level, bringing deep expertise in UX design and a strategic mindset for how to scale and differentiate a market-leading e-commerce experience. You should be versed in research methodology and current with design trends.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of ecommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Detailed visuals / mockups
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
User Research Responsibilities
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments and be able to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Oversee, plan, and scope UX team projects (rather than executing each project)
- Develop and own a design process that enables efficiency/speed and ensures a positive and ever-improving user experience and team culture
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards.
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables
- The ability to engage in strategy discussions. Weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer contexts.
- Mentoring of designers with less experience to improve their skillset.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- Recognize the staffing needs of the team, and the ability to recruit and hire new talent.
- Management and oversight of multiple smaller teams. This includes determining out how a teams will realize a strategy.
- 8+ years of Product Design experience for consumers and consumer brands—a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- Project confidence and exhibit swagger. The ability to offer a vision that encourages people to follow, and encourages others to take part.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our user’s experience
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Product Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.