Principal Content Developer
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Content Developer to help produce Administrative and End-User material for the next generation applications of our unified communication platform. We are looking for individuals who have a natural love and appreciation for translating complex concepts into straight-forward, easy to understand instructional documentation and other content. You will work with customers, field teams and engineering to create deployment guides, how-to intelligence, and publish network design guidelines.
What you'll do:
A Content Developer at Fuze is the author, editor, and curator of high-quality content to educate and inform our user base. Technical documentation can exist in many forms: from long-form user guides, to self-moderating wiki pages, to knowledge articles, to on-screen help within the Fuze product portfolio.
- Perform needs assessment for end users of both the Fuze product and its enablement content.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, support, engineering, and user experience teams to create material that satisfies the needs of our users in a voice that represents Fuze.
- Organize and create materials for existing and future products, updating them as necessary to include coverage of product improvements
- Provide feedback to engineering on usability, language, grammar, and help text within the product’s user interfaces
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents and additional material as new issues arise
Who you are and what you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- Minimum of 5 five years of proven working experience in technical writing, content development and/or software documentation
- Ability to deliver quality content, on time, paying attention to detail
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly, and make them easily understandable with text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working experience with online documentation tools, such as ReadTheDocs, docsify, etc.
- Web design background
- Working experience in networking technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.