At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Paralegal / Commercial Contracts Negotiation Lead to join our fast-paced, customer-centric legal team. In this senior-level role, you will be responsible for autonomously reviewing, redlining, and negotiating vendor contracts with limited support or guidance,including NDAs, services agreements (media, event venues), consulting agreements, and leases. You have knowledge of legal terminology, concepts, and procedures, and a general understanding of purchasing processes. You will report to the Senior Managing Counsel and partner closely with the Senior Manager, Purchasing.
A candidate with in-house experience and prior work experience in the software industry or with software agreements is ideal. This position is based out of any location in the US.
What You'll Do
- Review, redline, and negotiate vendor contracts, including services and non-disclosure agreements. Experience with commercial agreements is required.
- Autonomously manage purchasing review requests – from review request through the execution stage, including the maintenance of the contracts database
- Verify contractual details for accuracy
- Process standard template agreements for signature and entry into contracts database
- Work with internal clients and other stakeholders to define requirements for purchasing agreements
- Monitor Purchasing Inbox to ensure all requests and new inquiries are resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Finance team and other stakeholders, to include routine reporting and response to requests
- Other ad hoc special assignments
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience as a Senior Paralegal in-house at a tech company or similar fast-paced environment
- 6+ years of experience with reviewing, redlining, and negotiating commercial contracts
- Substantive expertise in at least one of these areas: marketing/events agreements, IT agreements, or commercial leasing
- Experience using an electronic contracts database and filing system
- Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce high-quality work
- Strong communicator who ensures confidentiality and acts with discretion at all times
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexibility to work remotely
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Read Full Job Description