Senior Counsel - Legal
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Counsel who will report directly to our Chief Business Officer. This is a newly created position that will work in a variety of areas including: IP, contract negotiations, license agreements, employment law, partnership, and other special projects.
- Leading the day to day legal function, contributing to business strategy while maintaining legal and regulatory compliance
- Handle a variety of tasks in a fast paced startup environment that may include working with external counsel on IP; strong background in intellectual property a plus
- Working closely with Business Development and, advising on and negotiating complex legal and business transactions such as Master Collaboration, Service, Strategic Partnership and Co-Commercialization Agreements.
- Supporting and collaborating with a wide array of departments including Business Development, Operations, HR, Finance, Product, Engineering; assisting with various legal matters including general risk management, global data privacy policies (e.g. EU GDPR), and employment.
- Influencing, evaluating, and managing effective, timely and cost efficient outside legal counsel services and expert advisors as needed.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, company structure, board governance and management of corporate entities.
- JD from accredited law school and license to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- 10+ years of professional experience, preferably including both in a law firm and in-house
- Proven experience in IP and Master Service Agreements
- Ability to effectively communicate legal advice to lawyers and non-lawyers internal/external to the organization
- Experience in the Medical Device, Lab, Clinical, Pharmaceutical, or SW industries
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.