Senior Counsel, Commercial at Grubhub
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is seeking a Senior Counsel in our Chicago, Boston or New York office (remote candidates will be considered). The ideal candidate will be a seasoned corporate lawyer with outstanding drafting and negotiating skills, organizational capabilities, attention to detail, execution and follow-through. This person is also a creative problem-solver, a self-starter with a great attitude and a team player. This position will report into our Chief Legal Officer.
The Impact You Will Make
- Draft and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements, including contracts with our restaurant partners; complex procurement and other vendor contracts; intellectual property license agreements; and real estate leases.
- Partner with the business development team to help structure and negotiate new business initiatives, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Manage and improve internal processes, including standard templates for the legal team.
- Advise business teams developing products to ensure legal compliance.
- Oversee subsidiary governance and management, including license registration and maintenance.
- Assist on other projects as needed, including general corporate, and overseeing external counsel.
- Demonstrate an ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns, adjust frequently and meet demanding deadlines
What You Bring to the Table
- JD degree and admitted to any state bar.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, preferably with in-house experience.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts and complex corporate transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Able to balance competing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who's ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]