Senior Contracts Manager at edX
edX is seeking an exceptional Senior Contracts Manager to lead and manage the contracting process for enterprise sales and vendor on-boarding. You will join a small legal team that works proactively with all business areas in support of edX’s growth strategy and nonprofit mission.
Critical: To succeed in this role, you must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to operate independently, create and enforce new processes, and be effective in a fast-paced, complex, and unstructured environment.
- Support the Sales Team:
- Draft and negotiate sales agreements and related sales materials including NDAs, RFPs, registration forms, master services agreements and amendments.
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Success, and Finance teams to identify and resolve performance and operations issues.
- Help create and implement internal policies and procedures that enable fast, large-scale growth while appropriately managing legal and business risk.
- Manage vendor on-boarding:
- Manage Legal Team support for vendor on-boarding by tracking requests and reviewing contract materials (or coordinating review by others).
- Provide ad hoc support:
- Expand your areas of expertise by performing additional responsibilities as needed and actively participating in legal team activities.
- Demonstrated ability to independently draft, negotiate, and manage a high volume of various types of contracts from start to finish in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Excellent business acumen and judgment, including ability to place legal risk in proper business context.
- Experience working with a sales team and a global business.
- Strong ability to maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations, new agreement and product types, and evolving business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership; must be a team player.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent professional experience.
- 7-10 years of professional experience as a business/corporate paralegal or contracts manager with proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above.
- Certificate of Paralegal Studies from an accredited college.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Massachusetts bar admission in good standing.
- 3-5 years of transactional experience at a law firm and, preferably, as in-house counsel.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.