Patent Attorney / Agent
WiTricity is seeking a Patent Attorney or Patent Agent. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of patent prosecution experience and a degree in electrical engineering or physics with exposure to power electronics.
Reporting to the Vice President of Intellectual Property Management, this position will routinely interact with members of the sales and business development team, R&D, engineers, product managers and outside legal counsel. The individual will be an integral part of the WiTricity legal team, whose primary responsibility will be to assist in the strategic direction and management of WiTricity’s intellectual property estate.
- Patent preparation, prosecution and maintenance
- Attending engineering and R&D meetings to harvest intellectual property and assist with writing invention disclosures
- Conducting patent landscape and freedom-to-operate studies
- Drafting and negotiating IP-related agreements (for individuals with legal experience)
- Assist with enforcement and management of IP related disputes (for individuals with legal experience)
- Administrative duties including preparing filing papers for US and foreign patent filings, maintaining docket of patent matters and preparing docket reports for patent portfolio
- Supervising outside counsel on patent related matters and managing patent budget in cost efficient manner
- Bachelor of Science in Physics or Electrical Engineeringrequired; Advanced technical degree a plus
- Legal degree or law firm experience a plus
- Must have the aptitude to become an expert in electromagnetism, circuit design, electronics, magnetic induction and wireless power transfer
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic/foreign patent prosecution procedures, terminology, and deadlines required
- Eligibility to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office a plus
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, including confidence and credibility in working directly with senior management team and attorneys
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a highly technical environment
- Ability to work independently
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Please submit your resume and a writing sample to [email protected].