At Tulip, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to work closely with our leadership team. We’re looking for a passionate legal professional that will help us streamline and scale our business. The ideal candidate will be an experienced commercial contracts attorney (preferably with SaaS or software experience) who can collaborate with our commercial team, with the flexibility to fit into a high-energy, hard-working startup environment.
- Provides counsel on a broad range of topics and leads the Company in matters involving complex legal issues.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates a variety of agreements: primarily enterprise SaaS sales and commercial contracts.
- Works across various Tulip teams including Sales and Customer Success on a broad range of legal, business and strategic issues as they arise in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Identifies the need for, and participates in the definition and development of policies, procedures and programs which address areas of risk and ensure compliance with the law
- Ensures the delivery of quality, timely and cost-efficient legal services.
- Develops and implements protocols, infrastructure and systems to manage legal matters as appropriate for a U.S.-based corporation, which operates internationally.
- Engage and oversee work of outside counsel.
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience, JD from an accredited law school required.
- Experience with SaaS model contracts and related legal and business issues.
- Understanding of, and experience with, HIPAA, HITECH and EU Data Protection regulations and directives a plus
- Must feel at ease interacting with a range of global customers from medium size businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
- Able to convey strong and prompt communication while consistently adapting and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects across multiple teams.
- Quick learning self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiating skills
- Detail oriented, well-organized and technically adept.
Working at Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.
Read Full Job Description