Legal Counsel at EverQuote
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, this position's primary responsibility is to review, advise, and negotiate issues involving vendor contracts. Legal Counsel is expected to provide legal services to support business units in the organization, as assigned by the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, supply agreements and vendor agreements;
- Draft, edit, and negotiate contracts with internal business stakeholder, vendors, and others who desire to contract with the Company.
- Work closely with, and provide advice to, teams within the Company responsible for the products/services requiring contracts or other documentation for delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant facts and legal considerations are assembled, assessed and accurate before contracts are presented for execution as it relates to all business transactions.
- Evaluate and advise appropriate legal courses of action to meet Company and business unit needs.
- 3+ years' experience as a practicing attorney
- Experience drafting and negotiating business contracts, especially those that include data rights/license agreements and other intellectual property.
- Ability to competently manage multiple projects at one time; strong follow up; attention to detail; deal and project management skills; a will to learn and win coupled with strong personal accountability; the ability to balance business and legal needs.
- Experience managing contract management systems
- Ability to quickly learn and fill gaps in knowledge base of substantial amounts of applicable laws and regulations is required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote operates a leading online insurance marketplace, connecting consumers with insurance providers. The company's data & technology platform matches and connects consumers seeking to purchase insurance with relevant options from the company's broad direct network of insurance providers, saving consumers and providers time and money. EverQuote was founded with the vision to empower customers to better protect life's most important assets – their family, property, and future.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.