Lead Counsel - Toast Capital and Business Services
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
You are a driven, take-charge, self-motivated, well-experienced attorney with expertise and confidence in providing legal guidance on multiple various financial services products, lending laws and related regulatory compliance issues. You will lead the legal team that supports Toast’s recently launched Capital program and you will report directly into the General Counsel. In addition, the ideal candidate will have familiarity with complex capital transaction structuring, deal negotiation and payments laws and regulations.
As Lead Counsel - Toast Capital and Business Services you will:
- Advising Toast Capital team members on structuring transactions and partnerships, lending and licensing laws and related consumer protection regulations.
- Keep the Company apprised of recent developments in all laws relating to Toast Capital products.
- Advise on ensuring compliance with laws as Toast Capital introduces new products to its customers.
- Help build a team that scales with the business.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 8-10 years of relevant legal experience in financial services and banking
- Expertise in financial services regulations, state and federal laws, privacy and consumer protection laws and regulations, compliance and fraud
- Knowledge of the following: FCRA, GLBA, TILA, Regulation Z, ECOA, EFTA, Regulation E and related laws pertaining to merchant cash advances and loan products.
- Ability to provide concise analysis and recommendations to a busy Toast Capital leadership team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Experience bringing new products to the market
- Strong management skills (projects and people)
- Familiarity with payments laws and regulations
- Ability to work in a diverse, energetic, welcoming and open-minded office environment and contribute to the thriving culture
- JD from an accredited law school