Director, Regulatory Affairs at Fuze
We're on a mission to transform global workplace communication, and we need your help. How do you prefer to collaborate with your colleagues? By phone, video, instant message, or even text? Fuze is making it easy for businesses to embrace the modern, mobile workforce. We offer a single cloud-based platform that includes these technologies and more for simple, smart communication that works. Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices and customers worldwide, we're growing at a lightning-fast speed to meet the demands of the evolving unified communications as a service (UCaaS) market. Bring your passion and expertise to our Legal team as our Director, Regulatory Affairs.
As we continue to grow and scale the business, we are looking for an attorney focused on regulatory compliance to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for handling a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters, including telecommunications regulations, in a quickly evolving and regulated industry.
This role will report to the General Counsel and be a thought leader and business partner on all things regulatory and compliance. In addition to providing subject matter expertise and collaborating with stakeholders across the business, you will have a practical approach, business mindset and strong interpersonal skills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Advise on a broad array of telecommunications and other regulatory issues and compliance matters, including licensing requirements and localized filing requirements
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws, regulations, directives and rulings.
- Assist with the development, implementation and/or enhancement of compliance programs and initiatives, including corporate policies, controls and monitoring, and defining and creating supporting documentation to demonstrate compliance
- Operationalize and manage compliance training programs and risk assessments, aligning compliance operations to Fuze’s overall business strategy
- Conduct risk assessments to identify areas of risk and potential areas of compliance vulnerability
- Monitor, interpret, and disseminate relevant information on applicable laws and regulations including proactively reviewing ongoing development of new laws and regulations.
- Perform compliance oversight, reporting and suggested remedial actions for breaches and/or errors that have compliance or regulatory impact
- Provide legal advice and guidance to colleagues on key compliance risk areas, such as anti-corruption and anti-bribery, conflicts of interest, economic sanctions laws, and other relevant areas
- Conduct, guide and participate in legal and ethical risk assessments and develop and implement risk mitigation plans
- J.D. from accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law and in good standing with at least one state bar
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in regulatory compliance (telecommunications preferred)
- Relevant legal compliance experience with a major law firm, corporate law department or government entity/regulator
- Ability to provide guidance and advice on key compliance risk areas, such as anti-corruption and anti-bribery, OFAC, sanctions laws, other relevant risk areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professional and personal integrity.
- Ability to be creative and practical with a focus on innovation in a regulated industry
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with and earn the respect and trust of key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to explain legal issues clearly, concisely and persuasively.