Director of Legal
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
Cybereason is looking for a highly motivated attorney to provide advice and execute on a variety of corporate matters, with a strong emphasis on contracts. Reporting to the CFO, this person will oversee multiple areas to include: contracts, compliance, intellectual property, and licensing both domestically and internationally. This individual will partner very closely with the Sales organization, finance organization and will assist the company in closing revenue transactions.
This person will also maintain and enforce contracting policies including approval procedures for non-standard terms and pricing, assist the sales force with ongoing administration of client contracts, advise management on contractual terms and risks, and provide training to sales and other departments on contract issues and negotiation strategies. You need to be proficient at using your judgment and making sound decisions quickly to facilitate deal execution while minimizing risk to Cybereason. Identifying trends in sales and customer product and contract customization requests is critical. This critical intelligence can help Cybereason review and adapt product offerings to meet evolving client needs.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon general business transactions to include sales contracts ranging from standard contracts to one-off, complex, high-dollar-value transactions. Our goal is to move contracts to completion in as promptly a manner as possible while staying focused on protecting the interests of the Company.
- Revise, update and maintain the master service, non-disclosure, and other standard form agreements; perform regular internal reviews of existing legacy contracts and ensuring legal and policy compliance.
- Collaborate with various business functions in connection with driving deal negotiations.
- Provide counsel to the executive team on a range of compliance, risk management and corporate governance matters.
- Review employment agreements, any employment-related documents and assist with employment legal matters as needed.
- Manage corporate litigation/arbitration, company transactions and outside counsel.
- Direct the implementation and ongoing management of Cybereason’s Security policy, Document Retention policy, etc.
- Post signing contract management, including amendments to existing contracts, business team support and counsel.
- Proactively Identify contract changes (pre-close) to the accounting, tax and related domain experts to ensure correct bookings.
Skills & Requirements
- J.D. degree from an accredited, top tier law school and admission to the Massachusetts State Bar.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a sales team to draft and negotiate Enterprise-level contracts.
- 8+ years of experience including prior in-house experience at a technology company required, startup experience highly preferred.
- Experience with commercial contract terms and conditions with particular emphasis on the protection of intellectual property, confidentiality and minimizing liabilities and risks.
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks, providing exceptional service to various stakeholders.
- Concisely and effectively advise management of contract risk associated with certain arrangements when appropriate.
- Self-starter who understands executing with urgency, and the ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as a team player attitude; experience with cross-cultural communication a plus.
- Flexible, able to adapt to changes and different challenges in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent and proactive communicator.
MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM
We want diverse skill sets and smart people, so we can learn from each other and solve interesting/difficult problems. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. We work both independently and collaboratively with the common goal of achieving excellence and never being satisfied with mediocrity.
MORE ABOUT THE PERKS
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and soda), work from home options, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k and more.