Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The Corporate Counsel will have responsibility for providing legal analysis and counsel to Markforged’s corporate functions, divisions and business units. Representative matters include vendor and customer contract drafting, negotiation and management; litigation management; subsidiary corporate governance; real estate; regulatory and compliance; corporate and commercial matters and labor and employment matters. Corporate Counsel also will work closely with outside counsel in implementing legal policies and standardizing legal department processes and will assume responsibility for day-to-day administration of certain legal matters.
In this role you will:
- Draft and Negotiate agreements such as:
- Customer agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Reseller agreements
- Hardware, software and service agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Consulting agreements
- Joint Venture/Development agreements
- Corporate Governance and Structure
- Maintain corporate records and draft corporate resolutions, minutes and operative governing documents
- Internal restructurings, consolidations and reorganizations
- Become knowledgeable on key elements of international law applicable to Markforged’s business Examples include: Data privacy laws, Laws pertaining to channel partners, Employment laws, Contract laws, etc.
- Work directly with international subsidiaries on day-to-day matters and, where necessary, coordinate with international counsel
- Assist in oversight and administration of compliance and training programs
- Day to day advice to business units on a wide array of compliance matters, including: Code of Conduct, Anti-Corruption, Data Privacy/Security, Incident Response, Import/Export Controls, Antitrust, Record Retention, Environmental and Social Governance, Other Regulatory Compliance, Employment related issues
- Act as a key legal advisor for employees
- Provide sage business and legal counsel to senior leadership on matters of significance
What we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree, and Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA Accredited Law School required
- License to practice law in at least one state (Massachusetts required)
- A minimum of three (3) years of broad based legal experience with a regionally or nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house legal department strongly preferred
- Experience providing legal advice in a broad range of transactional contexts, including commercial contracts, corporate governance, M&A and regulatory compliance
- Experience with Labor law preferred
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description