HubSpot is looking for a Corporate Counsel to provide a key commercial support role on the HubSpot Legal Team. In this role, you will report to our Assistant General Counsel and work with our Legal and cross-functional team.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Provide first-line support to our Sales team on commercial contract and process matters
- Review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements which might include software agreements, subscription agreements, technology agreements, event agreements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, IT vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, and statements of work
- Work with other various business teams on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed
We are looking for people who:
- Graduated from an accredited law school and have at least 4+ years of relevant experience, with in-house technology company experience a plus
- Are in good standing and licensed to practice law as a member of the Massachusetts State Bar or other reciprocal jurisdiction
- Have experience with review of commercial contracts and feel comfortable running an independent negotiation process
- Are able to handle a broad range of commercial contract matters and work efficiently and effectively in a crazy fast-paced, and transparent environment
- Are able to make decisions and provide advice/explain the rationale for the decision to a curious and empowered team
- Develop strong relationships based on trust with team members
- Effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks
- Possess strong communication skills, especially via an internal wiki, Slack and Zoom (it’s how we communicate)
- Have superior organizational skills
- Want to learn quickly
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.