Corporate Counsel, Commercial Contracts at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for an engaging and detail-oriented attorney to work on a variety of legal matters, with a primary focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. This role will also provide frontline support for inbound requests to the Legal team. The candidate will participate as a full member of a small but growing Legal team to decide when, how, and where to improve processes and scale our department.
Over time this position will take on increased responsibilities that could reach beyond contracts, including providing support on a variety of legal projects related to data protection and privacy, intellectual property and other legal and regulatory matters. The ideal candidate will be excited to learn new areas of the law and continuously challenge him/herself to add value to the company.
- You will draft, review and negotiate various contracts and amendments, including but not limited to, client agreements, software licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and vendor agreements;
- Serve as front-line interface to international distribution network and resolve incoming requests in connection with clients and partners and requests for revisions in contracts thereto;
- Act as an advisor to internal stakeholders in understanding and interpreting contract terms and conditions;
- Collaborate with other members of the legal department as well as other departments to align on best practices, and create and implement processes, tools, templates and training to enhance efficiency and consistency; and
- Keep informed on new laws and industry trends that could affect the company.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- JD degree from an accredited law school required
- Active member in good standing of a state bar association
- 1-3 years of experience as a licensed attorney
- Experience working for a software organization or for a law firm preferred
- A multi-tasker with excellent analytical and legal skills
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with the business to create solutions
- Effective understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
- Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
- Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
- Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
- Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
- Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
- Drive: Own it.
- Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.