Corporate Attorney at Fuze
Be part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it.
Based in Boston, MA with offices and customers around the globe, Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. The company is growing rapidly and offers competitive benefits including health insurance programs, financial and personal wellness initiatives and flexible remote work arrangements. Now is the time to bring your passion and expertise to our legal team as a Corporate Attorney.
The successful candidate will sit in the Boston headquarters, collaborating with other attorneys as a member of the company’s legal team and with other professionals throughout the organization. Day-to-day responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating contracts, maintaining and updating commercial contract templates, assisting with corporate matters, and handling a wide variety of other matters as needed by the legal team. This role presents a competitive learning opportunity in a fast-paced, exciting environment. This role will report directly to the General Counsel.
What You'll Do:
- Review, draft, and advise others on a wide range of contracts such as customer and vendor master agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, requests for proposals and strategic partnership agreements
- Ensure successful implementation of commercial contract template updates and serve as department representative in corporate initiatives requiring contract template modifications
- Support ongoing corporate duties including entity management, record keeping and policy administration
- Provide legal guidance to members of other departments including sales, account management, marketing, human resources and IT
- Participate in various additional other legal and ad hoc projects as required
- Collaborate with various groups to understand and ensure consistency with the company’s business, financial and risk management objectives
- Maintain applicable corporate database system and legal files
What You’ll Have:
- JD and bar admission in any state
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in-house
- Strong business acumen, with ability to understand the company’s business objectives and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Ability to effectively drive issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution and process improvement
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management, organization and communication skills
- Flexibility and drive to take on diverse work assignments and adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong writing skills and ability to clearly present data, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint