Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
To support our continued growth, Interactions looking to hire a contract negotiator with strong customer relationship skills, who is a self-motivated, creative thinker. The candidate will work closely with in-house attorneys and business representatives, as well as interface with customers and other business partner representatives. Although the position will mostly be working on contracts in North America, it also may include international work, as required. The work will primarily entail drafting and negotiating customer license and services agreements, partner agreements, vendor contracts, lease agreements, and NDA’s, as well as special projects and assignments from time to time. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience drafting and reviewing professional services agreements, sales agreements, as well as cloud/hosting services agreements, software licenses, and vendor agreements. He or she is also a flexible self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative and leading deals.
- Draft, negotiate and revise a wide variety of customer and vendor contracts.
- Prepare management reporting to summarize status of contract negotiations and provide information to aid in management decision-making.
- Liaise with internal business clients, including sales management, and the Legal team to efficiently close deals.
- Lead and assist with various special projects as assigned, such as: developing standard negotiation positions, stock language, and form contracts; improving contract management approaches and educating internal teams to assure conformity and consistency in application of relevant policies and procedures; support contract and regulatory compliance projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required but a JD would be preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience negotiating and drafting agreements, either in an in-house legal department or legal department of a law firm technology practice group.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in drafting contracts and with customers and senior management.
- Responsive and friendly, service-oriented “can-do” attitude.
- Flexible team player, willing to work on a variety of matters.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage numerous projects under deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn technical concepts.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Practical knowledge of contractual law.
- Ability to provide quick and efficient services with a strong work ethic.