Compliance Officer, Poloniex (Boston, New York or San Francisco)
What you'll work on
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes, including regional Directives and regulations, and implement relevant changes to the compliance manuals, policies and procedures for related exchange products and services
- Conduct risk assessments and establish appropriate risk-based controls
- Monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including AML/CTF, information security, consumer protection and privacy laws as they relate to both fiat and cryptocurrency
- Work with corporate compliance to ensure that local requirements are aligned with corporate standards
- Provide ongoing reporting to Compliance and senior management
- Manage government relations efforts with relevant regulatory agencies, law enforcement and trade associations
- Implement and oversee licence-related processes and reporting to regulators and other external third parties, such as auditors and banks
- Advise the business on all compliance-related matters, such as the regulatory implications of new and existing products, new market expansion,resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps, enhancements to the firm’s compliance framework and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate.
- Act as the central point of escalation and contact for all AML/financial crime matters including onboarding new and monitoring existing clients, partners, vendors including due diligence and suspicious activity reporting and detecting and deterring financial crime.
- Lead employee training and maintaining a culture of compliance
What you'll bring to Circle
- 7+ years’ experience leading compliance programs for regulated financial services companies, preferably focused on payments, exchange or securities
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with regulators and dealing with government agencies and industry organizations.
- Specialized knowledge of blockchain and the cryptocurrency industry.
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Superior writing and communications skills
- CAMS certification
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.