TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is seeking a compliance professional to drive critical compliance initiatives across business units and provide strategic oversight of the compliance function. The Compliance Manager will play an important role in promoting the Company’s strong culture of ethics and compliance. We are seeking a highly effective communicator and experienced compliance professional capable of collaborating with various legal and business stakeholders and managing and administering the Company’s global ethics and compliance training programs and communications.
- Maintain, regularly update and operationalize policies and procedures, protocals, guidelines and training materials, including but not limited to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Insider Trading Policy, Whistleblower Policy and Information Security Policy.
- Oversee and maintain an effective employee engagement and communication program related to compliance for the Company that is topical, useful and informative, including onboarding for new employees and increasing awareness among leaders and employees of compliance risks and policies, including emerging risks and trends.This person will work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer, subject matter experts and other stakeholders in legal and other departments, to create training programs and presentations on a number of topics including but not limited to privacy, sales practices, anti-corruption and bribery.
- Develop innovative approaches to training and encouraging employee engagement.
- Conduct systematic monitoring and review of compliance program controls; act as liaison with Internal Audit for compliance control audits. Provide meaningful reporting and tracking of ethics and compliance activities to enable effective communication to the Chief Compliance Officer and senior leaders regarding the program.
- Assist the Company in evaluating the effectiveness of the training program activities on an ongoing basis through development, maintenance and analysis of key metrics.
- Monitor legal, regulatory and enforcement trends and calibrate ethics and compliance programs accordingly.
- Regularly review and assess compliance risks and assist with the development of appropriate controls to mitigate those risks.
- Respond to routine requests relating to compliance and ethics generally and the Company’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to questions regarding conflicts of interest, gifts (giving and receiving).
- Assist in conducting internal investigations.
- Provide thought leadership and best practices to incorporate continuous improvement into the program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years as a compliance professional, including program management and training experience.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of some or all of the following:U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act and GDPR.
- Significant interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across the Company to build strong relationships, exercise influence and achieve results.The ability to building strong relationships internally between key groups such as human resources, technology, legal, finance and internal audit.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, particularly the ability to interpret and transform complex legislation and policies into effective and clear language aimed at target audiences.
- Ability to create and deliver procedural documents and “how to” guidance to staff at all levels.
- Experience in developing, implementing or enhancing in house training programs and working with training platforms.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple, deadline driven priorities in a fast-based environment.
- Strong project management skills, including being process oriented and highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Possess a high level of discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Technologically proficient with strong powerpoint and excel skills, systems and database management.
- Experience with data analytics solutions and metrics preferred.
- Strong presentation skills.