Web Analytics Co-op: Spring 2022 at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
eCcommerce has become fundamental to Toast's overall business - we offer potential and current customers (restaurants) a seamless buying experience that does not require them to go through a sales representative if they so choose. Furthermore, eCommerce and our overall website strategy are intrinsically linked; we need both of these motions to be as effective as possible at driving interest in Toast products lines. Our Web Analytics Co-op will be responsible for driving innovation on our website via website tests, as well as conversion rate optimizations (CRO) in our Prospect (new customers) and Upsell (current customers adding new products) funnels.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is looking for a growth-minded Web Analytics Co-op focused on Toast’s prospect and customer facing eCommerce shopping experiences. You will work to ideate, benchmark, scope, drive, and deliver on team goals working with cross-functional partners across the entire organization.
The co-op will learn the various tools and technologies we use to track website conversions. We believe that fluency in these tools will allow for an immediate impact on our business, and will help make Toast's website the gold standard in our industry.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is always looking for ways to improve, and enjoys being collaborative. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity and engaging across the entire company to drive business impact with a strong bias towards providing the best customer experience.
- Learn how Toast carries out website tests, and be able to conduct A/B tests across all website funnels. This includes both implementation and analysis of these tests.
- Investigate areas of opportunity to improve both Prospect and Upsell funnels; these flows are still relatively new for Toast, and there remains ample opportunity for conversion rate optimizations.
- Partner with web engineers to make meaningful changes to our homepage and beyond (product pages, restaurant pages, etc.).
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, Marketing, Product, R&D, Customer Success and Onboarding to ensure end-to-end alignment on improvements and opportunities, while understanding dependencies.
- Contribute to the future vision of Toast Shop as a marketplace for eCommerce, Sales leads and product activation.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Has a growth mindset.
- Strong understanding of eCommerce best practices and tactics.
- Uses qualitative and quantitative data to inform and prioritize roadmap.
- Experience with different website A/B testing concepts and techniques.
- Self-starter; ability to successfully kick-start new initiatives and drive complex issues through analysis and resolution.
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work 40-hours per week throughout the experience (January - May/June).
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools.
- Experience in Salesforce, Marketo, and Business intelligence tools including Looker, Heap and Google Analytics.
- Experience with eCommerce systems and tools, Magento is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills a plus.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.