Technical Writing Intern at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over $18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Technical Writing Intern: The intern will work with product managers, product owners, and developers to capture knowledge from its creation and make it more widely available through documentation. The intern will write release notes, assist on authoring long-form documentation, perform publishing-related tasks, assist other writers with innovations and administrative tasks, and perform proofreading as needed.
Responsibilities: The intern will write user documentation and internal procedure documentation. The intern will perform a critical role in assisting the team with much-needed innovations. The intern will also gain first-hand knowledge of the tech writing industry and what it takes to be successful in this field.
· Working towards a bachelor’s degree
· Love of clarity and simplicity in writing
· Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills, including relationship development skills
· Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personality types and all job levels (i.e., a diplomat)
· Exhibited integrity in both business and personal ethics
· Demonstrated ability to quickly and creatively solve problems
· Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for the success of various projects
· Infectious enthusiasm for learning
· An ability to work on multiple tasks and to prioritize
· Demonstrated ability to meet immovable deadlines
· Flare, RoboHelp, FrameMaker, or similar authoring tool—working knowledge
· SnagIt, Photoshop, or similar graphics tools—working knowledge
· Jira, Bugzilla, or similar bug tracking tool—working knowledge
· Confluence, SharePoint, or similar collaboration tool—working knowledge