Tax Intern at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Accounting team is looking for a part-time intern for the fall semester. This internship will be 20-25 hours per week, from early September through late December.
Bready* to make a change?
The Tax Intern will report to a Senior Accountant and is responsible for, but not limited to: assisting and supporting the accounting team in carrying out the responsibilities of month end close and state tax and information filings. This is a fast-paced, challenging role that requires time management and organizational skills. Individuals in this role should be comfortable interacting with internal and external business partners as needed.
About this roll*:
- Provide reporting and analysis on sales tax activity.
- Maintain records and workpapers for state tax reports.
- Assist with timely responses to internal and external inquiries regarding tax concerns.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in tax reporting cycles and the maintenance of workpapers and filings.
- Assist in reconciling Sales Tax Payable during the month end close process.
- Work with other members of the Accounting team to assure a timely and accurate month end close.
- Manage or assist in special requests from internal business partners and Accounting leadership.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Basic understanding of accounting and corporate tax concepts
- Ability to work efficiently using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate professionally with other teams
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Experience working in NetSuite, Avalara AvaTax, or other similar SaaS based ERP systems.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required