Release QA Intern at Unity Technologies
We are currently looking for an intern with a genuine passion for quality to join our Release Quality Assurance team in Brighton. The team is responsible for the quality of Unity Engine in the latter stages of development. As part of the team, you will share the responsibility for the delivery of high-quality public releases of Unity.
Here at Unity, you will grow your understanding of software quality in the final phase of software development. Within the role, you will also have plenty of opportunities to apply your technical skills and directly affect the quality experience for our users.
This is an 11 month paid internship starting in summer 2020.
- You will use your own initiative to solve problems, learn how to use new and existing features, investigating any issues you find in a detailed manner
- Building projects to determine functional quality within Unity you will be verifying the product against the designed specification and your results will be communicated to your peers and the Release Management team
- Investigating issues fully to supply as much relevant information via detailed bug reports to developers.
- You will also have the opportunity to build new projects in Unity to mirror user activity, for more information read our blog post here
- Currently studying at University and looking for a placement year as part of your studies
- A good working knowledge of Unity (or any other game/3D engine)
- You must have good problem-solving skills
- We want someone who has a passion and enthusiasm for quality and an interest in QA and Automation.
- As you will be working within a team you should be comfortable working as part of one
- It would be a great advantage to have an understanding of game or software development as it will help you familiarise yourself within your new environment
- It definitely helps to have a thirst for technology, both new and existing. Unity is made up of many components from many disciplines so it’s key to be open to learning things
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.