Quality Engineer Intern at PathAI
PathAI’s mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
*This opportunity will require either 3 OR 6 Months of your time.
*This position can be remote as well.
Three sessions are available:
We're looking for intellectually curious and driven engineering students who are interested in working in the Software Medical Device industry. As we are expanding our business and products, we are building the quality assurance team. In this role, you have the opportunity to contribute to growing the team and to developing your own challenging, rewarding career path.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have in this role, and building new ones along the way, including:
- Implementing systems for compliance and supporting QMS with guidance from senior team members.
- Collaborating with Senior Team members to support product development teams in the design of Software as a Medical Device.
- Supporting Senior Team members in software tool validation activities.
- Learning GMP, GCLP, GDP and other Medical Devices regulations.
- Interface directly with team members of all levels including our CEO & CTO.
- Learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
- Work ethic. You’ve had at least one previous employer, whether it’s a previous internship in this field, volunteer work, or a summer gig waiting tables.
- Education: We prefer co-op students pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with at least 50% of their degree program completed
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space and help to shape the team
For the right candidate, we’ll offer a competitive hourly rate and the opportunity to be considered for a full-time position in the future, commensurate with co-op performance. We also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Transportation benefit
- Conveniently located office in Fenway Park’s backyard
- Company outings and social events
- Most importantly, you’ll be doing important work with a team of people you’ll enjoy spending the day with.
We care deeply about building a diverse team and we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications - that’s all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don’t tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.