People & Culture Intern
Why be a Toaster?
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
Toast is seeking a self-motivated individual that is passionate about employee engagement and organizational culture to join our Boston office as the People & Culture Intern. In this highly visible role, you will work directly with all members of the People & Culture team, management, and employees. You will have the opportunity to work on a number of different projects that will support Toast’s growth and help drive our culture forward. As the People & Culture Intern, you will get hands-on experience with major human resource functions and the strategic role the team plays in the larger organizational strategy.
Onboarding and Orientation of new Toasters:
- Prepare new hire welcome packets and swag boxes for distribution
- Help coordinate logistics for Orientation such as travel, ordering supplies, day-of setup and breakdown, etc
- Create new Orientation collateral, review content to ensure it is up to date, and make recommendations for improvement
Data Entry and Analysis:
- Enter required new hire information into the appropriate internal tools
- Complete new hire I-9 forms and confirm employment authorization
- Process job change requests and compensation adjustments as necessary
- Analyze reports and assess people trends
- Help create internal processes and procedures; centralize and post this information on our internal wiki
- Contribute to the design and communication of well-being and employee perk programs
- Review feedback from employees using our internal tool to find key themes/trends to share with leadership
- Any other special projects and deliverables as needed
- Personable, able to connect with a variety of people at all levels
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of G Suite products
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solve real problems
- Available to work at least 30 hours per week