Partnerships MBA Intern at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Partnerships MBA Intern, you will work alongside other business development team members to grow our impact as a company. You will work closely with our product and platform teams to develop strategy, scope potential partnerships, negotiate contracts, develop relationships with external and internal parties, and execute the deployment and ongoing growth of partnerships across a cross-functional team within Toast. Reporting into our VP Strategic Alliances, John Swanciger, you will put structure to complex, unstructured product problems.
About this roll*:
- Develop and execute business development strategy and tactics across Toast and its key products, including our fast-growing platform
- Work closely with other partnership team members to execute on a cohesive partnerships strategy from initial scoping, to negotiations, and launch
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and engage partners that enhance Toast’s product functionality and distribution
- Review internal analytics to develop expected partner performance models and ongoing success metrics
- Conduct market analysis to identify current and future expected landscape structures across the Toast ecosystem
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in technology, finance or banking
- Leadership and general management skills, especially in setting strategy, gaining alignment, & building strong teams
- Proven ability to develop relationships and problem solve with external partners
- Demonstrated product sense and familiarity with current consumer technology from a strategic, brand, financial and operational perspective
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Strong team player with excellent track record of success and strategic thinking in fast-paced environments with changing priorities
*Bread puns encouraged but not required