Operations Research Team Co-op at Indigo
Operations Research Team Co-op
Please Submit applications by 6am on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
As part of the Operations Research Team at Indigo, you will be leveraging data, optimization algorithms, and machine learning to help solve Indigo's toughest logistics challenges and drive profitability. How do we match grower offers and buyer bids in our marketplace to maximize transaction volume? How do we assemble efficient truck routes that reduce our transportation costs when delivering grain? How should we sequence visits to farmers in order to reduce sample collection times? Where should we station agronomists in order to reduce their travel times and maximize coverage? You'll have the chance to expand your analytics skills while working on cool and impactful business problems!
- Assist with the planning, execution, and delivery of operations research analyses for Indigo's varied internal customers.
- Aid in the implementation of models that leverage the latest techniques in optimization, machine learning, and/or simulation.
- Generate reports, presentations, visualizations, and custom dashboards that communicate your results to high-level business executives.
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- -Ability to interact with a variety of business owners and stakeholders (including subject matter experts and high-level executives), gathering problem requirements, managing project expectations, and presenting research results effectively.
- Ability to quickly extract, transform, and visualize data using SQL, Python, and/or R. -Experience writing code in a collaborative environment, preferably in Python.
- Experience using an optimization solver package and/or modeling language (e.g., CPLEX, Gurobi, AMPL).
- Solid grasp of one or more core areas of operations research and/or industrial engineering (e.g., linear programming, integer programming, network optimization, stochastic modeling, production optimization, revenue management, etc.).
- Working knowledge of statistics and machine learning.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.