MBA intern - Program Management at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
This is an exciting opportunity for an MBA Intern with an interest in project management, technology, and/or agriculture to contribute to a growing, innovative company. As part of the R&D Program Management team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Indigo’s goal of sequestering a terraton of carbon by leading one or more R&D projects or workstreams.
The R&D Program Management team has the unique opportunity to interface with all functional areas of the Microbial R&D organization at Indigo. This is an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic MBA to come in, learn about the Indigo pipeline, and contribute strategic input to help achieve Indigo’s ambitious goals. This role will work closely with all microbial R&D functions to support initiatives that advance our screening, prioritization and scale-up of Indigo’s microbial products.
- Independently lead 1-3 cross-functional R&D initiatives to deliver a combination of: products, process, and/or technologies that support the R&D innovation pipeline
- Establish rapport with key stakeholders across relevant functions
- Actively identify roadblocks within the R&D pipeline and develop processes and/or tools to mitigate those challenges
- Create and deliver clear and compelling presentations to leadership
- A passion for project management and improving organizational capabilities
- Exceptional soft-skills and ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Software savvy and excited to find ways to leverage software tech, wherever possible
- High energy and commitment to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills to all levels and backgrounds at appropriate detail
- Action plan oriented self-starter
- Team player with ability to work cross-functionally and simplify complex information from various levels and departments
- High tolerance and ability to execute under ambiguous situations
- Enthusiasm for identifying problems and creating innovative, scalable solutions
- Passion for Indigo and our core values
- 1st year MBA with strong interest in project management, new product/service introductions, and/or agriculture
- Previous professional or academic experience in the life sciences is preferred (biology, chemistry, health sciences, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, or similar area of study/industry experience)
- Previous roles in roles project management, product development, and/or product management are a plus
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).